As I continue my flavour journey with hummus, my next combination adds a more creamier texture and taste on the palate. This Avocado Hummus is great on toast or as an appetizer. Find more ways to use it and I'm sure it will become one of your favourites too!
- 3 Avocados medium pitted and pealed
- ½ teaspoon dried Siracha pepper
- 3 Tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons of Almond Butter or Tahini
- 4 drops of Tabasco
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup of olive or other oil
- 540 grams of organic chickpeas rinsed and water removed
Mix all ingredients in food processor until smooth on high setting for 1 -2 minutes.
Serve immediately with avocado or tomatoes.
Serve with Fresh Fruit or cut fresh raw vegetables such as carrots, celery and sweet peppers into strips and use to dip in the hummus and eat.