2 yellow onions or purple onions
½ cup of all purpose flour gluten free
1 TBSP of baking powder
1 TBSP of paprika
¾ cup of milk
1 tsp of ground pepper
Salt as desired
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 tsp garlic powder
Gluten free Bread crumbs to coat crushed small
- Preheat oven at 375 F (190 C ). Line a parchment paper in a baking sheet and set aside.
- Rinse the onion and cut into approximately ¼ inch (0.6 cm) rings.
- Carefully separate the rings from each other and put them into ice cold water first for ten minutes.
- This will allow them to be coated with the flour mixture properly.
- Combine the GF flour, baking powder, salt, oregano, garlic powder and paprika in a medium bowl.
- Coat each onion ring in the flour mixture and set aside.
- Combine the remaining flour mixture with the milk, egg, parmesan cheese and salt and beat well until no lumps remain.
- Coat each onion ring in the above mixture and shake away the excess.
- Coat each onion ring in breadcrumbs.
- Put them carefully in the baking sheet, drizzle with some olive oil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip them mid way through. Bake until golden brown.