Partridgeberry Wild Blueberry Crumble with Pecan Topping
Partridgeberries are found all over Newfoundland and Labrador and are sometimes also known as Lingonberry. I have used them in my Partridgeberry Wild Blueberry Crumble with Pecan Topping after a quick trip to Newfoundland reminded me how wonderful these tart berries are and when used with the wild blueberries which can also be found on the island, it creates a wonderful partnership of colour and taste. It's also great if you serve it warm with some ice cream.
- 5 cups of rolled oats
- 2 cups of brown sugar or 2 TB of Yacon Root and 3 TB of Date Sugar
- 1 cup of butter softened substitute coconut oil if dairy free version is desired
- 2 cups of flour
- 1-2 Tsp of ground Cardamom
- ½ cup + 1 TB of pecan pieces optional
- 2 Jars (2 cups) of Nanny Hayley’s Wild blueberry Jam stirred
- 2 Jars (2 cups) of Nanny Hayley’s Partridgeberry Jam stirred
Mix together and spread 1 ¼ cups crumbs on bottom of a greased square pan.
Spread a stirred jar of partridgeberry jam over the first layer of crumbs.
Spread 1 cup of crumbs over the layer of partridgeberry jam being careful keep the layer intact.
Spread a stirred jar of Wild blueberry jam over the layer of crumbs spreading carefully with a spoon to cover all the crumbs.
Top with remaining crumbs.
Spread 1 TB of pecans on top. Smooth top with hands or spoon.
Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Let cool for about an hour before cutting into squares.