Skinny Sugar-Free Strawberry Ice Cream
This refreshing Strawberry Ice Cream is Sugar-Free using stevia, and from ripe strawberries. Garnish the ice cream with fresh strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, red currants and mint leaves. This simple dessert will wow your guests!
- 1 Cup of Almond Skim or Coconut Milk
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Corn Starch
- 1/3 cup of Powdered Skim Milk
- 1 ½ Cups of Plain or Greek Yoghurt
- 1 Cup Strawberries Chopped (Fresh if possible)
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons or Stevia in the Raw or your choice of sweetener taste and add for you level of sweetness preference
Combine the Almond milk and Corn starch and stir until dissolved.
Pour all ingredients, except ½ cup of Strawberries, into blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
Pour smooth mixture into the ice cream maker for about 10 minutes, then add the rest of the strawberries. Churn for another 5-10 minutes or just until the ice cream starts to form. If you let it go longer, you may get a wall of ice on the ice cream container and lose some product.
Freeze for up to one hour but no longer or it becomes an ice block that takes a long time to defrost.
Decorate with fresh fruit and enjoy.
Ice Cream Machine Blender or Food Processor
Note: this may work as a no churn recipe but I have not tried it.