White Bean Fettuccine Alfredo
This vegan White Bean Fettuccine Alfredo gets its creaminess from the white beans and the vegetables add a boost of flavour and colour.
- 227 grams (8 ounces) pasta, whole grain or red lentil
- 150 grams (5.3 ounces) sugar snap peas
- 227 grams (8 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 100 grams (3.5 ounces) steamed asparagus
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
Steam the asparagus and peas in a steamer tray for 5-6 minutes. Cover to keep warm. Drain water except for ¾ cup of water. Retain to use in preparation of sauce.
In a food processor, combine, beans, garlic, nutritional yeast and almond butter. Add ¾ cup of reserved water and blend until smooth.
Cook the pasta until it is al dente. Drain water. Add the bean sauce and stir until well distributed.
Option: add the vegetables into the sauce and serve or for a bit fancier look, serve pasta with bean sauce and separately add the vegetables to each plate.
Inspiration from Forks Over Knives magazine Winter 2020